Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Wiped out

Whew, that's about how I feel these days. Yesterday was (hopefully) the worst. For someone who likes to think he's pretty active, not getting out of bed until noon is not how I like to spend my Tuesdays. But alas, that's what happened. It has been a long time since I've felt as bad as I did yesterday morning, but I'm back at work today, and cautiously optimistic that I'm on the road to recovery. The big-time bummer is I've pretty much been forced into shelving my training until I really feel 100%. And of course, this happens just when daylight savings time has kicked in (haven't even felt like enjoying the extra hour of daylight...boo hiss!) and when I really feel like my training is coming around. So, that is going to make it even harder to keep myself down until I'm all the way back. I was planning on going down to Lewiston this weekend to race a duathlon, but I've already given up that one. Even if I was feeling ok by Saturday morning, I suspect that doing a hard effort at this point would not be beneficial. So, here's looking forward to a weekend of massive rest and (maybe) low-intensity workouts!

5 comments:

Phaedra Cote said...

Oh, Tim. Bummer you are not feeling well and BIG bummer you won't be at the duathlon on Saturday! Rest up...not to worry, it's early and this is as good a time as any to be sick. I think you're smart for taking it easy.

Get better soon.....

Phaedra.

jessithompson said...

You're being smart to take it easy, Timmers. Rog and I had to give up UBC last weekend - same deal. It's hard, but you're right, a hard effort in the midst of recovery is a BAD idea... it often just sets you back farther.

Sending some chicken noodle soup thoughts your way!

Tiffany said...

Nice job laying low! It's so hard to do, but it's much better than pushing yourself and then relapsing into something even worse!

Hope you're feeling better soon!

LORIE said...

Tim. . . .rest is huge! Good job listening to your body and taking care of it. Proud of you!

jessithompson said...

Okay... so how are you doing? Not sure the Sunday swim or the St. Paddy's Day 5 are part of a low-intensity weekend?!?! We missed you at flip turn practice after the swim A+... next time!