Monday, March 10, 2008

The sickness

Whatever it is that is going around Spokane has invaded the Swanson household and put down some serious roots. Andy has been sick since last Thursday, and today, I am so stuffed up I can hardly stand it. My head feels like its somewhere around 20,000 ft and lost in a cloud bank. So far, I'm not as bad off as my dear wife, who really has taken the brunt of it. Watching someone you love be miserable is, well, miserable, because you really want to do anything and everything for them to make them feel better. And yet, often times, the best medicine for them is to just leave 'em alone, which sucks just the same, because I really want to help her out!

I felt ok during my ride yesterday, but now I'm regretting it, thinking that being out in the cold may not have been the best call. I am also suspicious that I may still be suffering from whatever it was I had about 3 weeks ago, because since then, I've been hovering around the 80-90% range. Which sucks, because its not bad enough to stop me from putting in some hard efforts, but still something that might take some serious downtime to fully beat. For now, I'm going to take it day-by-day, and see how it goes.

On a positive note, this being Monday, really one of the few things I actually look forward to Mondays for is the easy crossword puzzles. I was pretty happy that I knocked out the NY Times puzzle for today in just over 10 minutes. Sweet! Hmmm, what would it say if I ever was able to do a puzzle faster than my IM swim-to-bike transition times? :)

For now, its off to the medicine cabinet then to bed. Ugh

4 comments:

jessithompson said...

So sorry to hear that you're sick. The Thompson household has been suffering too - you're right, it's so hard to watch people you love suffer.

It's hard to take it easy so you can recover fully - REALLY HARD! I suck at it so take no advice from me. ;) Hope you're back to good soon...

and crossword puzzles? Now that's something new I learned about you today!

Steve said...

Sorry you are not feeling good man. Hopefully you can beat this sickness soon. Thanks for the invitation to the ride. You sure didn't show any ill strides during the ride. Looking forward to more posts.

Stevee

Phaedra Cote said...

Timmers-

Oh man. I was wondering if it was going to hit you after visiting with Andrea before our ride. Bummer. Boy, people are just dropping like flies! Rest up and do LOTS of crossword puzzles.....and drink lots of fluids....and rest. sleep, sleep, sleep.

I hope you kick this thing quick!

Phaedra.

LORIE said...

Timmers. . . .cool to see you blogging! I love your profile Photo! Kick Ass! I have had the ickies at my house as well. . . .well besides the damn cancer icky. Hope you all get well soon. REST. FLUID. Repeat if necessary.