Wednesday, November 19, 2008

This changes everything....

Well, we had our first ultrasound yesterday, and here she is!

Yes, the first time I heard our baby's heartbeat, it was cool and it helped make the pregancy a little more "real". But yesterday took the cake. I guess maybe I am a visual learner, but seeing our baby on the screen, in real time, moving around, well, that somehow :) changed everything. For the good.

In the short span of about 20 minutes, a few major, life changing things happened:

1. I became a big, sappy, softy of a (almost) parent.
2. I have a new favorite song: John Mayer's "Daughters".
3. I think I could very easily cry tears of joy at any moment. In the past, it took me 140.3 miles of racing to get to that point.
4. I believe that an unborn hand can be wrapped firmly around my finger.
5. I understand the term "Daddy's little girl".
6. I am having visions. Like visions of some of this kid's major life events. Like first steps, first word, first run, walking her down the aisle, etc.

And yeah, we only have 10 or so pictures of this kid, but I already have a favorite:

Our little daughter is tired in this picture. How do I know? You might think it could be because during the entire ultrasound she was moving around and doing flips like crazy (uh, a product of 2 very active people maybe???). But no, you'd be wrong. If you have ever seen ME when I get tired, I rub my eyes. Whoa, this little one really is her daddy's girl! :)

Damn. This is all pretty cool!

And finally a shout out to the other third of our little (but growing) family. Andy is doing a great job keeping our baby warm, and fed, and safe. Considering that she's never done this before, and her body undergoing some pretty major changes, she is doing amazingly well. And I wouldn't want anyone else in the world to hang out with my baby than Andy. Love you, AP! :)

6 comments:

Andy said...

I am speechless. :) Love you too!

Tiffany said...

Oh, Timmers! What a sweet post! You are seriously going to be the most incredible father ever! I cannot wait to watch you with your little girl! She is the cutest little thing I have ever seen and I'm just DYING to hold her!

I want to give a shout out to Andy too! I can only hope I will be as calm and beautiful as she is when I am pregnant!

Can't wait to meet you baby a+!!!

Jen said...

My favorite post ever!
I absolutely love the pictures and can't believe how adorable she is already!! Blessings to you and Andy!!!

Steve said...

Pretty cool, seeing those pictures. It was fun knowing the result before Lil' B:) JK.

Andy is definitely rocking this mom thing for sure. She has a smile on her face every time I see her.

jessithompson said...

This post seriously made me tear up. Big time. You guys are already A+ parents and this little girl is the luckiest sweet pea ever. She's already so incredibly loved.

Trish said...

Tim, you are going to be the best father ever! I am so in awe of you and Andy and the love that you both already have for your daughter. She is lucky to be a part of the Swanson family, and I can't wait until she is here! That is going to be a day to celebrate for sure!