Tuesday, November 18, 2008

OUCH!

So, the tattoo thing turned out to be the easiest, least painful part of my weekend.
After watching the Beavs beat the snot out of the poor Cal Bears on Saturday...
...I stupidly coordinated with Steve to being my journey to strength training nirvana on Sunday morning. And I thought the tattoo was uncomfortable!

I had seen these things around the gym before, but every time I approached them, I got scared and ran away....
But Steve offered to kick my butt sufficiently so that I would look like this by the end of the winter. Cause that is supposed to make me go faster in races?
In reality, I knew that some sort of winter strength training regimen probably wouldn't be all that bad, and might indeed improve my speed next season.
Steve proceeded to spend almost 90 minutes with this, beating me senseless.
We did more stuff than I care to remember, and when I woke up on Monday morning, I felt like this:
Uh, the CAR, not the tank, by the way.
I was sore in places I never have been sore before. I am writing this on Tuesday. And I am still way sore. We are supposed to lift again tomorrow. Fear and dread fills my body. I hope that maybe we can back it off just a tad for awhile, to give my body a chance to adjust to this new crap.
To quote Dire Straits: "Sometimes you're the Louisville Slugger, sometimes you're the ball."
Today, I am the ball.

I just hope that Steve has enough motivational power to keep me going. That will no doubt be HIS toughest test this off season. :)

3 comments:

Steve said...

You are supposed to be sore. I don't think it is as bad as the car but I know it will get easier and you will be less sore.

Once you get into the routine, just like training you will be fine. Looking forward to pushing each other all winter.

Anonymous said...

Um, me thinks Steve lies to you, and now to me. It has only been 4 hours since my first lifting (torture) session with you two maniacs, and within hour #1 I almost lost my leg strength and fell down the three stairs in my garage on my way out to work. I am totally afraid of the next 48 hours in my own body.

That was serious, but I will add that I had so much fun getting up early to meet you two at the gym and get in some kick-ass training in the wee hours of a work day. You rock!

Nat

Tiffany said...

LOL!!!! Your posts have been absolutely hysterical lately! I love the visuals!

Way to pump some iron! Once you keep at it, the soreness won't be nearly as bad. You should play the game Jessi and I play after lifting. It's called, "How would you have to walk to not feel any soreness?" It's pretty funny!