Saturday, March 8, 2008

Its the end of the week as I know it...

...and I feel sort of fine.
Today is my first day since Monday of not being in the pool.  Yesterday, I spend about 45 min in the pool with the EWU Triathlon club teaching them about drafting techniques and doing a few single-lane super sprints.  It was fun to see them progress and get more comfortable swimming in close proximity to other people.  Even though I didn't swim very far or hard, it was a good easy workout anyhow.

This morning, I decided to do my long run, since tomorrow looks better for a ride weather-wise.  I still don't like the fact that 6 miles is considered a "long run" but I just need to be patient and hope that it will come around soon.  The best news was that my foot didn't hurt much at all, and I didn't feel the need to ice it after the run.  It was a semi-tough run, but mainly because of my severe lack of run fitness.  I'm struggling to maintain 8:00 pace, which for me is very frustrating.  When your body remembers when 7:00's felt easy, having to work so hard to run slower is tough.  All in all, though, it was a good effort, and I'm happy that I can do anything at all.

Tomorrow, I'm really looking forward to the club swim and hopefully a good, solid long outdoor ride.

2 comments:

jessithompson said...

Be patient with yourself, buddy. You're a trooper and I know this has been a long haul.

Tiffany said...

Glad to hear your foot is feeling better. Sometimes injuries feel like they are never going to heal! Sounds like you are making a good effort to help it along though.

The EWU folks sure are lucky to have you to get tips from! I'm sure you're a great teacher!