Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Back to the pool!

I just finished up a pool workout with the EWU Tri kids, and it turned out to be a really good swim. After Sunday, I was worried that I had maybe lost some of that precious "swim fitness" that I have worked so hard to gain, but for now, it appears that I am bouncing back pretty well. I did 400m/100m repeats, and I was totally psyched that the 400s seemed to just fly by. Now I can't wait to get to Sunday and see how I'm doing in relation to the Mornings with Martin crew. Today's workout was also significant because this week is the first I've had since January without my scheduled swim class. So I am now totally on my own to get my butt to the pool mid-week, which in the past has been a major hurdle. OK, so its only one swim, but I'm really hoping that I can keep my momentum going by getting in 2 swims during the week.

For the rest of the week, I'm still going to take it easy and get back into it full steam slowly. Check out Roger's blog for more on this subject...he summed it up way better than I can, but I am totally relating to his struggles lately. I am really looking forward to reconnecting with the group tomorrow night at the club meeting, and then on Thursday for the "Headlamp" run.

In other exciting news, I'm happy to report that we are getting close to restarting the club's weekly "BLT" (bike loop Tuesday) rides, possibly as early as April. And, Kirk, Dave and I are working hard on putting together a long, mid-May "Workout with a Clock"....stay tuned for more on this one!!

Oh yeah, and for those keeping track, today's NY Times crossword time was 10:45. A bit slower, but hey, its Tuesday, so, its a bit tougher. Nice.

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Nice work, Tim! Something tells me you are going to feel much better at this Sunday's swim than you did last week! Sounds like motivating yourself to get in the pool is just as hard as it is for me to get my butt out the door for a run. I'll be sure to ask you how many times you swam this week on Sunday. How's that for some motivation? ;)

Nice job on the crossword puzzle too! I'm certain I could never finish one of those nearly as fast as you! No Team A+ for me there! :)

jessithompson said...

Hey buddy! Glad to hear that you're on the road to recovery. I know that you'll be back to good in no time. It's so freakin' hard to be patient, though. Looking forward to seeing you at the meeting and for a couple workouts this week. You da man, A+!

Phaedra Cote said...

wooohoo. you are on the mend-good news! You really played it smart and nipped that thang in the bud!

Can't wait to join in on a BLT!

word-
P. Dizzle

LORIE said...

Tim. . . .i am more impressed with the crossword puzzle. Last Fridays took me 20:14. I love Mondays!!