Monday, April 7, 2008

Happy Birthday Andy!!!

Tonight I took Andy out to Anthony's overlooking the Spokane River falls to celebrate her birthday. It was a fun time, just the two of us recapping the year and all of our memories. Andy is my biggest supporter, my #1 IronSherpa, my best friend and the love of my life. She puts up with alot out of me, with most of it stemming from my obsession with triathlon. She is always understanding when I vanish for hours at a time only to come back to a nap on the couch. And I am so grateful for this past year, when Andy and I shared two of my most cherished moments in triathlon. The first was when she joined me for the final (tearful, joyous) run down the chute to the finish at IM CDA 07, and the second was when I saw her cross her first triathlon finish line. I always love seeing Andy out on the course cheering me on...it gives me such a lift, even though sometimes it doesn't look like it :) And its only afterwords that I realize how many sacrifices she makes for me and my racing.
So, to my wonderful wife, thanks, and Happy Birthday, AP! I love you!!

4 comments:

jessithompson said...

Happy Birthday, Andrea! Timmy, I'm so glad that you realize and appreciate what your wife does to support you. I've been on that side of the fence, and it's a hard job sometimes. It sure helps to know that the support is appreciated and valued. Good job with the words of affirmation for your sweetie!!!

Tiffany said...

What a great post! Happy birthday, Andrea! I have learned that a spouse who supports you in triathlon is truly priceless. Andrea is lucky that you realize this and that you remember the sacrifices she makes for your training. You're a lucky guy!

Andy said...

Aww, thanks Timmy. You made me cry at work. :) I love you too!

Andy said...

...and thanks to Jessi and Tiffany for the birthday wishes!