Thursday, April 10, 2008

Finally.....a solid, solo run!

Even though I got home a bit late today, I managed to get back out the door pretty quick for a run. I wanted to go 6m, but looking at the fading daylight, I knew it would be tight. I went out at a semi-hard pace, and planned to see how I felt and how much daylight there was left when I got to the 4 and 5 mile turnarounds. Both times, I was feeing good, so I decided to turn up the pace and go for 6. What a great decision! I knew I was running fast, based on what song was on my iPod when I hit the turnaround. I didn't want to let up on the way back in, so I see if I really was getting faster over the past few weeks, so I kept pushing. Even though my HR was slightly elevated, overall I felt great, almost like I was just floating up the hills. I love it when I feel like that, and I usually don't want the run to end. I came in at 44:44 for 10k, which is more like it!
So, it was a great effort, and I'm getting closer to being happy with where I am running-wise. This weekend, I'm really looking forward to some nice weather and to getting out on the IM CDA bike course on Saturday. Sunday, I'm 90% sure I'm going to do the first Spring Thaw Duathlon, and my plan is to use it to see where I am speed-wise. I'm cautiously optimistic....I guess we'll see if this sub-45 10k is the real deal, or a fluke! :)

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

Way to go A+!!! I'm thrilled for you that you are feeling so good in your running. You are so fast!!! Keep up the good work and good luck in the du this weekend if you do it!

jessithompson said...

Niiiice. You are BAD! Just remember that you won't get a true test of your running ability on Sunday after a long hard ride on Saturday - but regardless I know it will go well for you. GO A+!!!!!!!

LORIE said...

A good run is like a good orgasm. . . coming from a nonrunner! Nice work!

Steve said...

Well I am not sure I can match Lorie's comment but great job on the run. I know you will be passing me up pretty dang soon. I may have the short distances locked up but you will destroy me on the longer ones.

Phaedra Cote said...

Tim! It was so nice to see you out there yesterday.....I wish you would have raced. Sounds like your training is going well and you woulda had some nice speed! Thanks for the support, it was great to see both you and Andrea out there.

Keep up the good work!
Phaedra.