Saturday, June 7, 2008

Andy's new bike!!!

After a torturous week of waiting, Andy finally got her new bike today. She was a bit nervous, but mostly excited to get fit to her new ride and take it out for its maiden voyage. Unfortunately, mother nature didn't cooperate, as it rained pretty much all day :( Andy was bummed out, big time. In fact, she was so determined to ride today that before I left on my afternoon 12 mile run, we set up her bike on the trainer. As expected, when I got back from my run, there was Andy, riding away on the trainer! :)
We ventured out to Fitness Fanatics, the best damn triathlon store ever, and met up with John, the pro bike fit guy.

Getting started on the fit....
Check out those sweet shoes! For the record, Andy had never, ever had cycling shoes or used true cycling pedals. But she was clipping in and out of her pedals like a pro in the span of about 5 minutes. I think it took me about 5 years to figure it out.
Doesn't she look fast?!? :)
Andy practicing the "stop your feet at 12 and 6" drill. She also had this wired in mere seconds.
Final adjustments, and its off to ride!
Special thanks to John from Fitness Fanatics for being so helpful and patient while doing Andy's bike fit.
And to my dear wife...I am so proud of you for making the jump, and I'm excited for you to share even more of this sport that I have tortured you with for the past 3 years. I can't wait to get out there and watch you ride! I know you will kick butt!!!
Lastly, Andy is now taking recommendations for a name for her new ride. I guess this is a requirement for new bikes....So put those thinking caps on and hook a girl up! :)

5 comments:

Phaedra Cote said...

GO Andy! How cool is that? I think she should name the bike "Sunshine" or "Daisy" both happy names. OR she could go with something on the wild side like.....say, "Roxy" or "Chaka Kann". Just some thoughts......

Tell Andy she'll have a fan club on Saturday!

Phaedra.

Tiffany said...

I am THRILLED for Andy that she got a new bike! How exciting for the two of you to be able to share this sport. I must admit, I'm jealous!

Congrats, Andy! I've heard you're wicked fast on your new bike!

Trish said...

Andy and her new bike are a perfect pair! And now Andy even knows how to change a flat if her new friend were to get one! She IS wicked fast on her new bike, and I LOVE that we can ride together! Do I sense a potential new Tri Fusion member in the Swanson family?? Hmmm....

Steve said...

Nice work. Looks great and the TEAM Cervelo weekend will be awesome. Can't wait to get to cheer her on at the races. It is going to be awesome. Maybe "Queen Bee"?

jessithompson said...

I was going for "Honey" for a bike name but I think "Queen Bee" is MUCH cooler. Good work, Keith!

I'm thrilled for you, Andy! You rock, girl!!!