Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter swimming

OK, so now I know that less writing on the workout board, does not equate to an easier workout.

See...4 sets, one of which is a semi-warmup...should be no problem, right?
HA!!! Today's swim was an arm-burner. I made it thru the first 1000 ok, then the 250's took it out of me. So the last 10 100's were absolute torture....but, I made it, and didn't have to sit out any 50's, so, here's to small victories.

I have to give some big-time kudos to my buddy, Steve. He swam with us in the A Lane today, and only had to sit out 200 total. Out of 3750. This is the guy who was not thinking he would be able to move up to our lane for another 2 or 3 weeks. And he's only sitting out 200 of 3750 with Roger leading??? And then, after we finished up, Steve decides that he owes somebody those 200, so he proceeds to knock out a 200, immediately after the 10 gut-busting 100's! Damn....

And of course, to my A+ teammate Jessi....thanks for pulling me thru today :) Uh, and yesterday, on the bike :) Lastly, to my other A+ teammate, Tiffany: We missed you today! It was only 2/3 of the fun we normally have.

For proof that the workout didn't totally kill me, this is after, and I'm still smiling (albeit weakly) The 4 guys on my left and right totally kicked my butt today.....

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

I missed you too! My Easter obligations got a little bit out of control yesterday! Looks like I picked a perfect swim to miss, huh? ;) Nice job hanging in there and not having to sit out! You are the epitome of Team A+! I'll see you next weekend!

jessithompson said...

Team A+ - you rock, buddy! I love getting to the last set, gettin' some knuckles and goin' for it. The way you push yourself inspires me to do the same. You're awesome!

Anonymous said...

Great Job swimming Tim!

Steve said...

Thanks for the quick spot in your blog. Without you guys pushing me there is no way I would have finished. You A+'ers are definitely a strong group. You finished the whole 3,750 without any breaks, now that rocks. Great Job.

LORIE said...

Would that put me in the D+ club? hehe